- Ever Banega scored the opener for Argentina after 27 minutes on Tuesday
- Manchester City’s Sergio Aguero doubled Argentina’s lead shortly afterwards
- Nigeria came back into the game when Kelechi Iheanacho and Alex Iwobi struck
- Nigeria took the lead in Russia when Brian Idowu scored two minutes later
- Iwobi doubled his tally for the evening when he struck with 17 minutes to go
Arsenal forward Alex Iwobi scored twice as Nigeria comfortably overcame the challenge of Argentina in a friendly on Tuesday.
Argentina were two goals up through Ever Banega and Sergio Aguero when Nigeria started their comeback.
Kelechi Iheanacho pulled one back before Iwobi levelled the game seven minutes into the second half.
Brian Idowu scored two minutes later to put Nigeria into the lead and Iwobi sealed the win 17 minutes before the end.
There was concern for Aguero who reportedly collapsed at half time.
More to follow
Arsenal forward Alex Iwobi celebrates scoring Nigeria’s fourth goal against Argentina
Nigeria took the lead for the first time in the match when Brian Idowu scored after 54 minutes
Ever Banega is mobbed by his Argentina team-mates after scoring the opening goal
Argentina doubled their advantage over Nigeria when Manchester City’s Sergio Aguero
Former Manchester City striker Kelechi Iheanacho got a goal back for Nigeria before half time
Iwobi drew Nigeria level with Argentina when he converted Iheanacho’s cross