Conor McGregor called Floyd Mayweather ‘boy’ again despite backlash

0
144
floyd-mayweather-conor-mcgregor-3

Conor McGregor was accused of being racist toward Floyd Mayweather Jr when the two fighters held their first joint media event earlier in the week, but that didn’t stop the Irishman from saying some of the same things on Wednesday.

At another press gathering to hype the upcoming Aug. 26 fight, McGregor once again told Mayweather to “dance for me, boy.”

When he said the same on Tuesday, McGregor was accused by some high-profile people of using a racist expression. However, Floyd’s father Floyd Mayweather Sr. said he didn’t feel racism had anything to do with it.

McGregor and Mayweather are both master promoters, so they’ll embrace anything that builds the anticipation of the fight. McGregor has been hurling nonstop insults at Mayweather, and Mayweather seems like he is loving every second of it. More hostility typically means more pay-per-view buys.

If McGregor and Mayweather can keep the hype train rolling for the next month or so, they could surpass the early projections for how much money the fight will bring in.

SHARE
DistinctAthlete.com is an entertaining sports site. The site specializes in viral sports content. Content includes controversial and original opinions, news stories, off-beat stories, humorous videos, entertaining photos, exclusive interviews, and witty banter between the writers and commenters.

Leave a Reply